When it comes to issues as big and global as climate change, it can be difficult to figure out where you come into play. How can you make a difference? How can you take action in your own community?
That was the topic of conversation at the Citizens’ Climate Change Forum, hosted by CleanTX and held in downtown Austin earlier this week. Guest speakers from the Austin EcoNetwork, City of Austin Office of Sustainability, and the Citizens’ Climate Lobby each gave presentations covering a wide range of topics, including:
- Austin’s climate change and emission reduction policies
- The main sources of Austin’s greenhouse gas emissions
- How the city is starting to prepare for the impact of climate change
- How everyday citizens can get involved in shaping Austin’s climate policies
- The impact that cities are having throughout the US on reducing climate emissions
- National efforts to pass climate change policies (with opportunities for Austinites to get engaged
Missed the event? Don’t worry, you can listen to a podcast of the event above, as well as scroll through the presentations here.
PS – Video from the event will also be posted here shortly.