Sponsored Post – from Westcave Outdoor Discovery Center –
Looking to get outside this fall? Then the Westcave Outdoor Discovery Center is just the place for you. Located just down the road from Hamilton Pool, the Westcave Outdoor Discovery Center nature preserve is home to more than 170 bird species, ample hiking trails, and a beautiful collapsed grotto.
You can visit the preserve for a tour any weekend or you can check out one of Westcave’s many upcoming educational events for an even closer look at all that the preserve has to offer.
Upcoming events include:
- Coffee & Birds – Hang out at the bird blind with some coffee and an expert avian biologist – Saturday, October 7th at 9am
- Fall Bird Walks – Learn more about Westcave’s 170 bird species with these expert-led walks – October 9th, October 23rd, November 6th, and November 20th at 8am
- Roundtable Social: Conservation Easements – Explore the benefits of conservation easements with Katherine Romans, executive director of the Hill Country Alliance – Wednesday, October 18th at 6:30pm
- Native Grass Hike – Learn to identify native grasses and their importance in our ecosystem – Saturday, November 4th at 9am
- Night Hike – Discover Westcave at night for a guided, full moon hike in the canyon – Saturday, November 4th at 6:30pm