Sponsored Post – From Austin Give 5
What is Austin Give 5 to Mother Earth?
Give 5 to Mother Earth Day, also known as Austin Give 5, is an annual Earth Day campaign designed to raise support for local nonprofits and businesses who share a passion for and commitment to preserving our natural resources in Central Texas. Now in its 8th year, Austin Give 5 asks local business partners to donate 5 percent of their gross sales on Friday, April 21st to a fund equally benefitting nine nonprofit organizations working to preserve and protect our local environment.
Why Should My Business Participate?
As a 501(c)3, contributions to Austin Give 5 are 100 percent tax-deductible and they also go directly to supporting local nonprofits who work tirelessly to keep Austin green, clean, and healthy. In 2017, funds raised through the campaign will be equally distributed to our nonprofit beneficiaries, including Hill Country Conservancy, Shoal Creek Conservancy, Austin Parks Foundation, Sustainable Food Center, Pease Park Conservancy, TreeFolks, Waller Creek Conservancy, Friends of Barton Springs Pool, and the Texas Campaign for the Environment Fund.
Many local businesses, including the Alamo Drafthouse, Amy’s Ice Cream, Maudie’s Tex Mex, and Juiceland have already signed on.
There is no better way to generate exposure for your business while aligning with the cause to protect our local environment on Earth Day. By signing up, you will be joining more than 200 other local businesses in the campaign! In addition, your business will receive a number of promotional and marketing benefits, including:
- A city-wide promotional campaign that includes advertisements in print, online, and broadcast media, such as KUT, Austin-American Statesman, Tribeza, and more, as well as billboard recognition in Austin
- A city-wide PR campaign reaching local TV outlets, radio stations, print publications, blogs, bloggers, and more – the idea is to have the whole city talking about Give 5%!
- Social media promotion through all Give 5 online channels, as well as the online channels of our 9 benefitting nonprofit organizations, which combined reach more than 100,000 people!
- Promotion at local events leading up to the Give 5% shopping day.
- Online recognition and link to your business from austingive5.org.
- Listing on print materials, including posters and postcards, to be distributed widely throughout Austin.
I’m in! Now What?
To sign up your business for participation in the Give 5% to Mother Earth campaign, please contact Sarah Andrews by email at email@example.com or sign up online at www.austingive5.org. If you sign up before Friday, March 3rd at 5pm your business will be included in a full-page Tribeza ad. If you sign up before Friday, March 10th you’ll be included in all of Austin Give 5’s print and poster materials.
Thank you, and we look forward to having you join this year’s campaign!