Going to the Austin City Limits Music Festival? Remember, the roads will be crowded, so use this opportunity to try out some alternative modes of transportation.
Here are some tips for getting to ACL:
- Ride your bike – ACL always has plenty of bike parking, located at the Lady Bird Lake entrance and south of the Barton Springs East and Barton Springs West entrances. Plus, local bike shop Mellow Johnny’s will be stationed at the bike parking south of the Barton Springs East and Barton Springs West entrances to help with any minor repairs your bike might need.
Information about the best route to take when biking to ACL is available here>>
- Take a B-cycle – Don’t have a bike? Or don’t want to bring your own? That’s what Austin B-cycle is for. They’ll be operating a valet station at Uncle Billy’s Smokehouse and Brewery (on Barton Springs Road) to ensure you always have a place to dock your bike at the end of the ride
- Take the bus – Cap Metro will be boosting its service during the festival and running Saturday-level service on Sundays for both weekends. You can plan your route here>>
- Take the free shuttle – ACL will be operating a free shuttle each day from 10:30am to 11pm. The shuttle picks you up at Republic Square Park in downtown Austin and drops you off at Zilker Park. It’s that easy!
- Rideshare – Local nonprofit ridesharing company, RideAustin, is the official rideshare of ACL. You can even get a discount by entering promo code ACLFEST17 for $5 in credits. The pick-up/drop-off location is located on Veterans Drive (by Austin High School). You can also win a free ride from ACL and RideAustin’s Hail-A-Honda program. Once you’re in the RideAustin app, simply request “Honda” from the vehicle bar for a chance to get a free ride to the festival.
- Walk – Walking is the simplest way to get the festival. Just take the Hike and Bike Trail, but remember to bring a light for the walk home!
Not going to the festival, but still want to be part of the action? Volunteer for Austin B-cycle. During ACL, they need volunteers to help run bikes from the festival back into the city so that people can keep using them. It’s a volunteer opportunity that comes with lots of great perks, including a free t-shirt and 50 percent off an annual B-cycle membership. You can sign up to volunteer for ACL weekend one and weekend two online… but act quickly, because the slots are filling up fast!