Have a lot of items you want to donate/get rid of? See a list of organizations that accept a variety of items, so you can drop everything off in one place.
Here’s how you search using the Get Rid Of page on the Austin Reuse Directory:
- Location – the directory automatically sorts the list by location, so you see the stores and organizations that are closest to you first (Please note – this feature only works if you’re connected to wifi. If you’re using a public wifi network, location sorting also might not work correctly).
- Item – You have two choices for this one.
- Type the item you want to find a second home for directly into the search bar. (Just remember to try and keep things general. Instead of typing in t-shirt, type in clothing).
- If the search bar doesn’t turn up any results (or if you’ve got multiple items you’re trying to find a second home for), you can simply select them from the “Items” drop down list.
- Donate or Sell – This allows you to select whether you’d like to donate your items (often to a nonprofit organization) or sell them to a thrift shop or consignment store.
- Nonprofit Categories – This allows you to sort based on the services they provide to the community. (For example – do they serve veterans? Or help clothe the homeless?) This way you can be sure your donation is going to a cause you care about.
- Filter By – This allows you to filter your search by some of the unique services that the reuse business or organization offers. (For example – do they only collect children’s clothing? Or do they offer 24-hour drop off services? Are they a nonprofit organization?)
- Item quality – For example – Is it a designer good? A piece of clothing with lots of hole and tears? Some organizations will accept almost anything, others are only looking for higher end goods.
- Child Services
- Community Engagement
- Disability Services
- Disaster Relief
- Education and Literacy Promotion
- Elderly Support
- Employment Services
- Family Support Services
- Health Services
- Homeless Relief
- Immigrant Services
- Pet Resources
- Poverty Relief
- Religious Organization
- Veteran Services
If you think your business should be listed in this directory, fill out this form.
If you’ve noticed a mistake in your business listing, please let us know. Send us an email at email@example.com, subject line Reuse Directory Error.