Love a great deal? And the planet? Join us for Austin Reuse Weekend from Friday, October 19th through Sunday, October 21st.
Here’s how it works:
1. Clear out the clutter by donating your old clothes, household items, and even bikes to any of the participating businesses or organizations
2. Receive an “I Love Reuse” sticker
3. That sticker can be as a used a coupon for 20 percent off when you shop at most participating locations
With Austin Reuse Weekend, you’ll be able to get rid of the things you don’t use anymore and earn a coupon to shop for things that are new-to-you. Now that’s what we call a win, win, win!!
Why is reuse so important?
Austin residents are estimated to dispose of $11 million in reusable items annually. A 2015 study showed that an estimated 6.6 million pounds of textiles are going to the landfill each year from Austin Resource Recovery’s curbside customers. That’s 18,000 pounds of clothes going in the trash every day rather than being reused or recycled!
For a full list of participating locations (and the deals they’re offering, check out the image flyer above or look through the list below:
- Austin Creative Reuse – half off a bucket from “by the bucket section”
- Austin Pets Alive! Thrift and Austin Pets Alive! Thrift – 2 free regular-priced accessories with $20 purchase
- Far Out Home Fittings – 20% off
- Materialized – 20% off online store, use coupon code MAT2018
- Goodwill Industries of Central Texas – 20% off Austin stores excluding outlets, exclusions apply
- Austin Habitat for Humanity ReStore – 20% off October 20th only
- Hope Family Thrift Store – 20% off
- Savers on Burnet and Savers on South Lamar – 30% off
- Street Youth Ministry – drop-off only
- Texas Thrift Austin TX – 20% off
- The Next-to-New Shop – 20% any one item
- Toybrary Austin – 10% off and $2 to drop in an play
- Austin’s Yellow Bike Project – drop-off only
Want to learn more about how you can support the local reuse economy year-round? Check out the Austin Reuse Directory at AustinReuseDirectory.com .