- This event has passed.
Austin Reuse Weekend
October 20, 2019
One event on October 19, 2019 at 12:00 am
One event on October 20, 2019 at 12:00 am
Hosted by the Austin EcoNetwork –
Love a great deal? And the planet? Join us for Austin Reuse Weekend from Friday, October 18th through Sunday, October 20th.
Here’s how it works:
1. Clear out the clutter by donating your old clothes, household items, and even bikes to any of the participating businesses or organizations
2. Receive an “I Love Reuse” sticker
3. That sticker can be as a used a coupon for 20 percent off (or other special offers) when you shop at most participating locations
With Austin Reuse Weekend, you’ll be able to get rid of the things you don’t use anymore and earn a coupon to shop for things that are new-to-you. Now that’s what we call a win, win, win!!
Why is reuse so important?
Austin residents are estimated to dispose of $11 million in reusable items annually. A 2015 study showed that an estimated 6.6 million pounds of textiles are going to the landfill each year from Austin Resource Recovery’s curbside customers. That’s 18,000 pounds of clothes going in the trash every day rather than being reused or recycled!
For a full list of participating locations (and the deals they’re offering) look through the list below:
- Mail and More on Brodie – 20% off of shipping from FedEx and UPS
- Austin Pets Alive! Thrift – 20% off
- Texas Thrift – 30% off
- St. Vincent de Paul – 20% off
- Austin’s Yellow Bike Project – $5 bike frames
- The Salvation Army – 20% off
- Austin Creative Reuse – 20% off
- Austin Habitat for Humanity ReStore – 20% Friday only
- Treasure City Thrift – 20% off
Want to learn more about how you can support the local reuse economy year-round? Check out the Austin Reuse Directory at AustinReuseDirectory.com .