- This event has passed.
Lady Bird Day
July 27 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
From the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center –
Each year on Lady Bird Day, the Wildflower Center honors our namesake and founder and all that she did for our nation’s treasured environment. We invite the community to celebrate Mrs. Johnson’s environmental legacy and the legislation that she inspired. With her influence, President Johnson’s administration enacted more than 200 environmental laws with lasting national and local impact, including the 1965 Highway Beautification Act.
Schedule of Activities
- 8 a.m. – 9 am.: Community Yoga with Cynthia Bernard (BYO-Mat!) in the Family Garden Pavilion
- 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Games, crafts and discovery carts in the Family Garden
- 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Bloom carts, microscopes and visit the Legacy Theatre in the Great Hall
- 9:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Films about Mrs. Johnson + Johnson family home movies in the McDermott Learning Center
- 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.: Story Time at Lynda’s Library in the Family Garden
- 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and noon: Docent-led garden tours (meet in the Courtyard)
- 11:30 a.m.: Behind-the-scenes tour (meet in the Courtyard)
All day: Enjoy Mrs. Johnson’s favorite treats at Wildflower Café and receive 20% off regularly priced merchandise in the Gift Store.