- This event has passed.
Violet Crown Trail Ribbon Run
June 1, 2019 @ 7:30 am - 10:00 amFree
Hosted by the Hill Country Conservancy –
Join Hill Country Conservancy on National Trails Day to celebrate the grand opening of the Slaughter section of the Violet Crown Trail!
The inaugural 5K run and 1K walk-and-talk will begin on the VCT at Slaughter at 7:30 am and end at Sendera Park for food, fun and festivities at 8:45 am. Runners, walkers and guests will be treated to tacos, coffee, water and goody-bags generously provided by REI.
- 7:30 – 8:00 am: Runner check-in and group stretch led by REI
- 8:00 am: VCT Grand Opening Ceremony
- 8:20 am: Runners and walkers break the ribbon and 5K run begins
- 8:30 am: 1K walk-and-talk begins
- 8:45 – 10:00 am: All gather at Sendera Mesa Neighborhood Park to celebrate the Violet Crown Trai!
Be a part of history and help us break the ribbon to celebrate this milestone. See you on the trail!
*Parking: Race and press conference start will begin at the Slaughter trailhead at 5011 W Slaughter Lane. Limited parking is available in the Walgreens parking lot in the spots away from the front door. The race will end and the party will begin at Sendera Mesa Neighborhood Park, which is located at 8806 Sendera Mesa Drive. If you are participating in the run or the walk we ask that you find street parking in the Sendera Mesa neighborhood just across Slaughter Lane.