They’re responsible for producing the oxygen that we breathe. They absorb carbon dioxide. They’re home to many of the world’s plant and animal species.
What are they? Rainforests.
As we approach the second annual World Rainforest Day on June 22nd the Rainforest Partnership (a local nonprofit organization) is asking for your help to save them.
To make things even easier on you, they’ve come up with these ten simple actions to help preserve our world’s rainforests. They are:
1. Take a breath, thank a rainforest
2. Nurture your knowledge
3. Share your actions with others
4. Get World Rainforest Day recognized
5. Reduce your meat consumption
6. Pass on unsustainable palm oil
7. Donate to nonprofit organizations that protect the rainforest
8. Source rainforest-friendly certified products
9. Walk, bike, and bus – reduce carbon footprint
10. Make and drink conscious coffee