Monday is the first day of Austin Design Week. So what does that mean for you?
Access to over 120 FREE workshops, talks, studio tours, and events, all aimed at helping you develop better programs, initiatives, and products… whether you’re a professional designer or not.
Here’s a few eco- and equity-focused sessions we recommend:
- Design For Change: Fostering Youth Inclusion and Leadership in Design Thinking – November 4th from 8:30am to 10am at the Capital Factory
- No Space for Wasted Fashion – November 4th from 9am to 10am at Trinity Hall
- Re-Thinking Design: Designing Out Waste – November 4th from noon to 1:30pm at the Capital Factory
- Reviving Lost Histories and Ecologies: Collaborative Design of an Urban Greenspace on Shoal Creek – November 4th from 10am to noon at 611 Wood Street
- Roads Are For People: Designing An Austin Life With More Happiness and Less Car – November 5th from 10:30am to noon at the Capital Factory
- Rethink Restroom Design – November 5th from 10:30am to 12:30pm at the Riveter
- Commercial Green Roof Tour – November 6th from 2pm to 4pm at StoryBuilt
- Making Space For Equity and Inclusion in Brand and Environmental Design – November 7th from 8:30am to 9:30am at the McGarrah Jessee Office
- City of the Future: Applying Equity-Centered Design To Urban Living – November 7th from 7pm to 8:30pm at 2309 Thornton Road Unit M
- Design x Data For Social Impact – November 8th from 4pm to 6pm at the Riveter
And that’s not even all of the free sessions! You can look through the full schedule here>>