Are you an entrepreneur looking to make a social impact? Here’s a great opportunity for you. Participate in the [Re]Verse Pitch Competition and help solve both an economic and environmental challenge.
Here’s how it works – Local companies and institutions will pitch their surplus and byproduct materials and you, the entrepreneur, will work alongside a team of mentors to create a business idea and compete for the top Innovation Prize to start your new venture. The first place winner will receive $10,000!
These are the materials that will be up for grabs:
- In-N-Out Burgers – Mesh plastic bags
- Austin Creative Reuse – Fabric sample books
- LIVESTRONG Foundation – Yellow wristbands in out-of-date packaging
- Central Texas Food Bank – Inedible canned goods
- Half Price Books – Books, records, and other media
- City of Austin Transportation Department – Vinyl street banners