Do you want to:
Reuse saves items from the landfill and makes them available to your neighbors, who can use them again! Austin residents are estimated to dispose of $11 million in reusable items annually. That’s why we decided to create the Austin Reuse Directory — brought to you by Austin EcoNetwork, supported by Austin Resource Recovery
Find where and how to:
Here’s how you search using the Austin Reuse Directory:
- What are you trying to do today? Start by selecting one of the green buttons above.
- Get Rid Of – This means you have an item (old clothing, household items, books) that you want to get rid of (but not throw in the landfill). After clicking on the “Get Rid of Button,” you’ll find a list of thrift stores and nonprofits where you can either donate or sell your items.
- Buy Something – This means you’re on the hunt for something new-to-you. Use this page to find upcycle and reuse retailers selling unique and one-of-a-kind gems.
- Rent Something – Sometimes it’s cheaper (and better for the environment) to just rent something you’re only going to use once or twice, as opposed to buying it. On this page, you’ll find a list of local stores where you can rent everything from power tools to bikes.
- Repair Something – Again, sometimes it’s cheaper (and better for the environment) to fix something you already have than to buy something new. On this page, you’ll find a list of local stores that will fix everything from electronics to furniture.